Who are we?
The Bishop's Stortford Educational Trust (BSET) consists of all the secondary state and independent schools (apart from Herts & Essex High School) with the full support from all the local primary schools. Our partnership is about collective, strategic decision–making for the good of our local community and to ensure that all families have access to high quality education provision as the town of Bishop's Stortford and its surrounding villages develop over time. We believe that children from nursery to sixth form will benefit from a philosophy that is about working collaboratively and altruistically, utilising the leadership skills of our members, visibly demonstrating that we are ‘stronger together’.
The members of the Bishop's Stortford Education Trust comprises key representatives from both the secondary and primary school consortia. Each member is an equal partner. The group will be independently chaired to ensure that decisions are objective and representative of the views of all parties:
- Independent Chair – David Royle
- Chair of Secondary Consortium - Principal of Hockerill Anglo-European College – Richard Markham
- Principal of Birchwood High School – Chris Ingate
- Headteacher of The Bishop's Stortford High School – Dale Reeve
- Headmaster of Bishop's Stortford College – Jeremy Gladwin
- Headteacher of Leventhorpe School – Jon Locke
- Headteacher of St.Mary's Catholic School – Andrew Celano
- Chair of Primary School Consortium – Headteacher of All Saints CofE School – Heidi Otranen
- Vice Chair of Primary School Consortium – Headteacher of Furneux Pelham CofE School – Brigid Dyson
- Prof Ian Martin, new Vice Chancellor at Anglia Ruskin
- Dr David Frost, Senior Lecturer at Cambridge University